Keeping things private and confidential is very important to Off the Record. When you register with Off the Record, whether signing up to our newsletter or one of our support services, all your personal information will be stored in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that your data will be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully;
- Obtained and processed only for specified and lawful purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Held securely and for no longer than is necessary, in accordance with our archive policy
- Not transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area unless there is an adequate level of data protection in that country.
At Off the Record, we do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information with any other parties. We will report to funders about who is using our services, however, when we do this, your personal information will always be made anonymous. The only exception to this is when we feel someone is at risk and then we might have to share information about you to someone else (see our Confidentiality Policy for more information).